LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is excited to be expanding our team! The position of architectural designer/architect is an opportunity to develop new skills, refine your current skillset, and advance your career with a strong, mid-sized architecture and engineering firm. As a Voorhees team member you will experience a smaller, more intimate office with a large firm support structure and will participate in the technical development of schematic through construction documents; assist with preparing specifications for commercial, educational, and municipal building projects; and will work closely with A/E staff and key consultants. Those interested should have working knowledge of relevant building codes and standards and be able to work closely with our staff to communicate project requirements and meet deliverable milestones.
This position requires the candidate to be part of a project team and to work individual at times, always having the support and resources of a large, experienced team of professionals. You must be proficient in communicating project requirements, be able to read and interpret construction drawings, prepare accurate, existing condition drawings from field surveys, be fluent in AutoCAD and/or REVIT, develop construction drawings, and comply with company drafting standards. Those interested must be detail-oriented, have strong organizational skills, and will be afforded opportunity to meet with clients and the general public in person, via phone/virtual meetings, and through email correspondence. This opportunity affords a dynamic role, working with all disciplines of the A/E industry on an array of projects for various market segments.
LAN Associates employs over 120 architects, engineers, surveyors, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 57 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. We offer a quality salary, commensurate with your experience, and great benefits!
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in the A/E Industry
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or REVIT (REVIT preferred)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Adobe Photoshop experience is preferred
- Ability to be a team player, while also being an independent worker with minimal supervision
- Individual who desires to become Professionally Licensed is a bonus
- Create and modify AutoCAD & REVIT technical drawings for building construction projects
- Visit buildings and job sites to survey and document existing conditions
- Prepare accurate drawings using AutoCAD and/or REVIT from field surveys
- Assist/perform job site observations as necessary
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing with coworkers, consultants, and clients throughout all phases of the building project
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments without direct supervision
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust one’s focus to meet deadlines
- Understanding of construction administration processes or exhibit willingness to learn related responsibilities including shop drawing review, response to construction RFIs, and coordination with contractors
- Perform other related duties, as assigned