LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking an architectural designer to join our team! This position is an opportunity to develop new skills and advance your career. You will participate as a team member in the technical development of schematic, design development, and construction documents, as well as assist with specifications for commercial, educational, and municipal building projects. The candidate should have working knowledge of relevant building codes and standards and be able to work closely and communicate with our architecture and engineering staff and consultants. LAN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a premier benefits package.
This position requires the candidate to work on a project team. Candidate must be proficient in both oral and written communication, be able to read and interpret construction drawings, prepare accurate detailed drawings from data obtained from field surveys, operate a computer using AutoCAD and REVIT, develop drawings for architecture & engineering projects, and comply with company drafting standards for drawing preparation. Candidate should be detail-oriented, have exceptional organizational skills, and will be required to greet clients and the general public in person, via phone, and via email correspondence. This opportunity affords a dynamic role, working with all disciplines of the A/E industry on an array of projects for various market segments.
LAN Associates employs over 90 architects, engineers, surveyors, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 55 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience working in the A/E Industry
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or REVIT (REVIT preferred)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Proficient in Outlook & Word; working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint a plus
- Adobe Photoshop experience a plus
- Ability to be a team player, while also being an independent worker with minimal supervision
- Create and modify AutoCAD & REVIT files for architectural projects to create technical drawings for building construction
- Visit buildings and job sites to survey and document (hand sketch) existing conditions
- Prepare accurate drawings using AutoCAD and/or REVIT from sketches after visiting job sites
- Assist/perform job site observations as necessary
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with coworkers, consultants, and clients throughout all phases of the building project
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments without direct supervision
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Understanding of construction administration processes or exhibit willingness to learn related responsibilities including shop drawing review, response to construction RFIs, and coordination with contractors
- Perform other related duties, as assigned