LAN Associates Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking a focused and collaborative Civil Designer/Drafter to join our team. In this exciting role, you will be expected to give input and assistance in helping the Civil Engineering department meet the requirements of our projects and clients. The ideal candidate should be experienced in managing several deadlines and know how to successfully collaborate with other consultants and departments to meet project needs.
LAN Associates employs over 90 architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in four offices across three states. The firm has more than 56 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. LAN offers a competitive salary and a premiere benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- A minimum 3-4 years of experience in civil/site design
- Engineer-In-Training certificate preferred with intention of pursuing Professional Engineering licensure
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and other Microsoft based programs
- Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Hydraflow, HEC-RAS or similar software
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, and strategic thinker
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgmental capabilities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in correspondence with coworkers, consultants, and clients throughout all phases of the building project
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at a time with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience with public/private commercial, educational, hospitality, institutional and residential projects a plus
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize projects accordingly
- Possession of valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Civil engineering tasks pertaining to planning, cost estimation, zoning analysis/evaluation, hydraulic & hydrologic analyses, stormwater management, utility design and coordination, soil erosions and sediment control, grading and other land/site development relates tasks.
- Ability to advance site development through the various stages of design
- Preparation of plan sets, engineering reports and specifications
- Regulatory agency permitting
- Working knowledge of local, county and state land use processes and regulations.
- Field investigations and evaluations
- Attend meeting with clients, prospective clients and other involved parties
- Construction administration tasks including submittal review, RFIs, and coordination with contractors
- Perform other related duties, as assigned