LAN Associates Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking a focused and collaborative Civil Engineer to join our team. In this exciting role, you will be expected to give input and guidance in helping the Civil Engineering department meet the requirements of our projects and clients. The ideal candidate should be experienced in managing individual teams and know how to successfully collaborate with subcontractors and other departments while you manage the civil engineering to meet business needs.
LAN Associates employs over 100 architects, engineers, surveyors, project managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in five offices across three states. The firm has more than 56 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. LAN offers a competitive salary and a premiere benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer, preferably in the State of New Jersey or New York
- Experience with public /private commercial, educational, and institutional projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Possession of valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Self-motivated, engaged, team-oriented, and strategic thinker with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong leadership, mentoring, team building and engagement skills as well as excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time
- Proven track record of successfully managing existing client relationships
- Minimum 6+ years of engineering experience
- Land Use experience
- Develop and/or review site plan documents, including site layout, grading, stormwater management design, utility design, etc.
- Perform stormwater management calculations in accordance with applicable state/local stormwater management standards
- Monitor and provide guidance and decision assistance for clients, general public, contractors, engineers, Project Managers, and other professionals during the construction phase of projects
- Responsible and accountable for development, coordination, input, and enforcement of all technical aspects concerning engineering and observation operations and policies of the department and company
- Perform technical and feasibility studies, including analyzing maps, survey reports, plans and related data to create and design civil engineering projects
- Determine construction costs, local and professional building regulations, environmental impacts and other factors that can affect project implementation
- Ability to manage small teams
- Perform job site observations as necessary
- Develop and complete applications, permits, engineering reports, and specifications
- Attend various meetings, including pre-design, plan review, pre-construction, professional organization, staff, etc.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments without direct supervision
- Assist with proposals, marketing, project reports, and technical presentations
Perform additional engineering and technical tasks as assigned