LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm, and we continue to grow. We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer to join our team! You will participate as a team member in the technical development of schematic, design development, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for commercial, educational, and institutional building projects. The candidate shall know relevant electrical codes, standards, concepts, principles, practices, established procedures, and be able to work closely and communicate with engineering staff, clients, and contractors.
LAN Associates is a mid-sized full-service architecture and engineering firm and employs over 90 architects, engineers, surveyors, managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in four states. The firm has more than 50 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. LAN offers a competitive salary and a premiere benefits package.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (NJ & NY Preferred, or FE/EIT)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of NFPA, NEC, IEEE, ANSI, and electrical equipment standards is required
- Possession of valid driver’s license
- Power analysis design software experience a plus
- The employee will be responsible for the coordination and design of various electric projects in conformance with applicable industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Perform engineering and technical tasks as assigned.
- Support engineering work functions.
- Perform engineering-related tasks required for project development, design, and construction.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials, other consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Office construction administration, including review of shop drawings, respond to RFI s and coordinate with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Assist/perform job site observations as necessary.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple assignments without direct supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with clients
- Assist with proposals, marketing, project reports, and technical presentations
- Assist with scope, budget, and schedule of new project tasks
- Develop and complete applications, permits, engineering reports, and specifications
- Attend and conduct client and project meetings
- Attend various meetings, including pre-design, plan review, pre-construction, professional organization, staff, etc.
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Shop drawing submittal reviews
- Electrical design calculations such as electrical loads, equipment sizing, feeder sizing, and voltage drop