LAN Associates Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking an experienced Environmental Scientist to join our team. In this exciting role, you will conduct site inspections at a variety of facilities, collect samples, compile information, analyze data, and prepare reports. This is a great opportunity for a field technician looking to advance their career and manage their own fieldwork while working with a close-knit team of environmental professionals.
LAN Associates is a mid-sized full-service architecture and engineering firm and employs over 90 architects, engineers, surveyors, managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in four states. The firm has more than 50 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. LAN offers a competitive salary and a premiere benefits package.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in sciences, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time
- Experienced with environmental soil, groundwater, and air sampling
- Knowledge of NJDEP, NYDEC, and other state/federal regulatory requirements
- Ability to be a team player, while also being an independent worker with minimal supervision
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- PA/SI & Phase I/Phase II inspections and report writing experience
- Soil and GW borings, logs, well installations
- Technical writeups of fieldwork, PA/Phase I and SI to incorporate into reports along with data table preparation and figures
- Data analysis for compliance averaging and establishment of alternate remediation standards
- Experience with fate and transport analysis to support CEA’s
- Experience with Indoor Air Quality sampling
- 40-hour HAZWOPER, NJDEP Subsurface evaluator, and UST training
- Coordinate and conduct field sampling and prepare associated documentation. This may include soil, groundwater, vapor intrusion, indoor air, and/or bulk sampling.
- Prepare tables summarizing field sampling results and compare them to applicable standards.
- Research federal and state environmental regulatory requirements.
- Draft memos documenting field work and research.
- Draft reports in general conformance with NJDEP, NYDEC, and/or other state and federal regulations and requirements.