LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking a full-time Sr. Accounting Assistant to join our team! This position is an opportunity to develop new skills and career advancement. The candidate must be experienced in MS Word & Excel and knowledgeable with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures. Working knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks is preferred. The candidate must also possess strong communication and math skills, and be motivated to learn with a growing architectural and engineering firm. LAN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
LAN Associates employs over 100 architects, engineers, surveyors, managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 55 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or an Associates’ degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- 1-3+ years of experience in bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent analytical, computational, and mathematical abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of integrity, trustworthiness, and dependability
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Must be able to work under strict deadlines, prioritize tasks and utilize time efficiently
- Working knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting and support to the accounting department
- Work with various project managers to prepare monthly client invoices
- Accurately maintain customer accounts
- Ensure all invoices are in accordance with client contract agreements
- Ability to read, comprehend and enter contract data into accounting software
- Prepare a variety of reports for project managers
- Assist with collections on past due invoices
- Assist clients and vendors with any invoicing/accounting questions
- Various administrative duties, including but not limited to, sorting through mail, filing, scanning, mailing, shredding, etc.
- Review data entry of monthly credit card transactions
- Assist with answering emails, phone calls, new job set up, bank deposits, AP, AR, etc.