LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is excited to be expanding our team! We are seeking an experienced Senior Architect/Project Manager to join our team in the Voorhees, NJ office. This position is an opportunity to apply your knowledge and advance your career, while leading a project team in a strong, mid-sized architecture and engineering firm. As a Voorhees team member, you will experience a smaller, more intimate office with a large firm support structure and will participate in the technical development of schematic designs through construction documents; prepare specifications for publicly bid commercial, educational, and municipal building projects; and will work closely with A/E staff and key consultants to manage a project from inception to completion. Those interested should be well versed in NJ building codes, be able to work closely with our staff to communicate project requirements, manage project budgets, and meet deliverable milestones.
This position requires the candidate to be part of a project team and to work individually at times, always having the support and resources of a large, experienced team of professionals. You must be proficient in communicating project requirements, be experienced in managing projects, be fluent in AutoCAD and/or REVIT, be detailed oriented, and have exceptional organizational skills. The position will require you to meet with clients, contractors, in-house staff, and consultants, necessitating strong communication skills in person, over the phone/virtually, and via email. This opportunity affords a dynamic role, working with all disciplines of the A/E industry on an array of projects for various market segments.
LAN Associates employs over 120 architects, engineers, surveyors, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 57 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. We offer a quality salary, commensurate with your experience, and great benefits!
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent
- Licensed Architect with Minimum of ten (10) years of experience OR
- Non-licensed Professional with minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience working in the A/E Industry as a Project Manager
- Experienced in K-12, Higher Education, and Municipal Projects
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or REVIT (REVIT preferred)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be a team player, while also being an independent worker with minimal supervision
- Serve as project manager, which would include providing project team direction, scheduling, assessing project budgets, and meeting deliverable milestones
- Manage small teams of architects, designers, and/or draftspeople
- Participation within the conceptual development of project designs and drawings for design presentations
- Assist with referendum planning efforts for various Board of Educations, attend meetings with B.O.E.’s and community stake holders, prepare NJDOE project applications/amendments, and LRFP updates
- Visit job sites to survey existing conditions, including when required to develop existing plans, take photographs, and prepare field memos to document existing conditions and observations
- Preparation of project reports, cost estimates, feasibility studies and other documents required of various project phases
- Preparation and development of architectural schematic design and construction documents in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Communicate and coordinate with design team members, architects, senior management, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials, other consultants, etc. throughout all phases of the design and construction process
- Attend various meetings, including pre-design, plan review, pre-construction, professional organizations, etc.
- Perform job site observations
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Manage the construction administration process and/or work with LAN’s in-house construction administration team from award of the contract through project close-out
- Perform a variety of other tasks associated with field activities and office needs, as needed