LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking an experienced Senior Architectural Designer/Project Manager to join our team! This position is an opportunity to develop new skills and advance your career. The candidate must have direct experience in the preparation of architectural & engineering construction documents, be able to work on and setup central files for multidiscipline (architecture, mechanical, electrical & plumbing) design projects, and be able to work closely and communicate with architecture and engineering staff, consultants, sales representatives and clients. The candidate should have working knowledge of relevant building codes and standards. LAN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a premier benefits package.
Candidate must be proficient in both oral and written communication, be able to read and interpret construction drawings, prepare accurate detailed drawings from data obtained from field surveys, operate a computer using AutoCAD and REVIT, develop drawings for architecture & engineering projects, and comply with company drafting standards for drawing preparation. Candidate should be detail-oriented, have exceptional organizational skills, and will be required to greet clients and the general public in person, via phone, and via email correspondence. This opportunity affords a dynamic role, working with all disciplines of the A/E industry on an array of projects for various market segments.
LAN Associates employs over 90 architects, engineers, surveyors, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 55 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in the A/E Industry as a project manager
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or REVIT (REVIT preferred)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Must be a team player, while also being an independent worker with minimal supervision
- Licensed Architect or a desire to become Professionally Licensed
- Serve as project manager, which would include providing project direction, scheduling, task lists, and weekly accountability
- Participation within the conceptual development of project designs and drawings for design presentations
- Assist with referendum planning efforts for various Board of Educations, attend meetings with B.O.E.’s and community stake holders, assist with preparing D.O.E. applications/amendments and LRFP updates
- Visit job sites to survey existing conditions, including when required to develop existing plans, take photographs, and write field memos to document the existing conditions
- Preparation of project reports, cost estimates, feasibility studies and other documents necessary for project completion
- Preparation and development of architectural schematic and construction documents in REVIT and AutoCAD
- Communicate and coordinate with design team members, architects, senior management, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials, other consultants, etc. throughout phases of the design and construction process
- Attend various meetings, including pre-design, plan review, pre-construction, professional organizations, etc.
- Perform job site observations as necessary
- Competency to prioritize effectively and adjust work accordingly to meet deadlines
- Oversee construction administration processes or exhibit willingness to learn related responsibilities including shop drawing review, response to construction RFIs, and coordination with contractors
- Prepare and print out progress or construction drawings for review, markup, and distribution
- Perform a variety of other tasks associated with field activities and office needs, as needed