LAN Associates, Engineering Planning, Architecture Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm. We are seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant to join our team! This position is an opportunity to develop new skills and career advancement. The candidate must be experienced in MS Word & Excel and knowledgeable with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures. Working knowledge of Intuit QuickBooks is preferred and Unanet A/E a plus. The candidate must also possess strong communication and math skills and be motivated to learn with a growing architectural and engineering firm. LAN offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
LAN Associates employs over 100 architects, engineers, surveyors, managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 56 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or an Associates’ degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- 1-3+ years of experience in bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Working knowledge of Intuit Quickbooks preferred and Unanet A/E a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical, computational, and mathematical abilities
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of integrity, trustworthiness, and dependability
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to work under strict deadlines, prioritize tasks and utilize time efficiently
- Ability to multi-task
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting and administrative support to the accounting department
- Work with various project managers to prepare monthly client invoices
- Ensure all invoices are in accordance with client contract agreements
- Ability to read, comprehend and enter contract data into accounting software
- Accurately maintain customer accounts
- Prepare a variety of reports for project managers
- Collections on past due accounts
- Reconciliation of monthly credit card statements (gather employee credit card receipts, enter/code, research discrepancies and organize receipts)
- Assist clients and vendors with any invoicing/accounting questions
- Data entry of vendor invoices for payment
- Maintain vendor W-9’s and COI’s
- Administrative duties, including but not limited to, sorting through mail, filing, scanning, mailing, shredding, etc.
- Assist with answering emails, phone calls, new job set up, bank deposits, AP, AR, etc.