LAN Associates Engineering, Planning, Architecture, Surveying, Inc., (“LAN”) is a mid-sized, multi-disciplined architectural and engineering firm.We are seeking an Environmental Technician to join our team. Successful candidates come from varied educational backgrounds in fields such as an environmental studies, environmental science, ecology, forestry, and natural resource management. This is a great opportunity for an environmental individual who is looking to gain work experience in the Land Use-Natural Resources field while working with a close-knit team of environmental professionals.
Individuals interested in this position must be able to work in natural, sometimes heavily forested conditions including all weather conditions such as rain/heat/cold with a backpack. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The position will not require a college or technical degree, but rather a passion to work and learn in a field that combines our natural and built environments.
LAN Associates employs over 100 architects, engineers, surveyors, managers, environmental professionals, construction professionals and support staff in three states. The firm has more than 57 years of experience in the planning, engineering, and construction of a wide range of projects. LAN offers a competitive salary and a premiere benefits package.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED; AS or BS degree preferred (Environmental related study)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time
- Interest and/or experience in NJDEP/NYSDEC environmental permitting
- Interest and/or experience in wetland delineation
- Comfortable working in a natural outdoor environment in all types of weather
- Must have ability to walk long distances and handle light equipment operation
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to provide own transportation to project location
- Willingness to travel in the New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut area
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform site investigations, inspections, testing and assessments within the project parameters
- Collect field data for the site-specific assessments
- Verify field data to ensure data accuracy
- Research federal and state regulatory requirements
- Prepare environmental permit applications
- Draft memos documenting field work and research
- Assist engineers in various technical aspects of conducting surveys and condition assessments
- Draft reports in general conformance with state and federal regulations and requirements