LAN Associates was commissioned to transform the 1978 addition of Ringwood Borough Hall to complement the original structure’s 1880’s Victorian architecture. LAN used a combination of original period and style architectural elements and modern techniques to accomplish this goal.
LAN started by removing the 6’ high wood facade and constructing a mansard roof with dormers to emulate the roof line of the original building. Second, the masonry face brick was clad with wide cementitious cedar shake siding and painted to match the original structure. To maintain the historical accuracy of the building, the contemporary aluminum windows were replaced with aluminum clad double hung windows to match the Victorian design. From the underside of the soffit of the mansard roof to the head of the windows, brackets were installed accenting the mansard roof line to create a historical match. A triangular gable end roof was created to articulate the main entrance of the building.
Borough of Ringwood
Architecture, Mechanical, Construction Admin